Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Issue backing up Oracle database using Bacula

2010-06-30 10:20:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Issue backing up Oracle database using Bacula
From: "Mike Holden" <bacula AT mikeholden DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:17:16 +0100
Mike Holden wrote:
> If I can find how to register as a wiki contributor, I'll update the
> page, otherwise somebody else may wish to take on these minor
> modifications?

I've registered and updated the wiki page at
http://wiki.bacula.org/doku.php?id=application_specific_backups:oracle_rdbms
with the suggested changes.

I've also added a warning that the recovery script quoted on that
page should not be used directly, even with modified paths, as it
simply won't work without heavy changes. You should instead use the
scripts that the backup process generates for you using the "alter
database backup controlfile" commands. It's myu opinion that the
paragraph is too dangerous to include there in it's current form!
--
Mike Holden