Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Storage Daemon crash backtrace

2010-06-30 03:07:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Storage Daemon crash backtrace
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Robert LeBlanc <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 09:06:01 +0200
On Tuesday 29 June 2010 05:05:59 Robert LeBlanc wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 2:23 AM, Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Either the "handle SIGUSR2 nostop noprint pass" confused gdb (note it is
> > not
> > necessary when you use -s) or you have something broken on your
> > build/os/machine.  gdb with -s should ignore SIGPIPE and Bacula always
> > ignores SIGPIPE, so the backtrace below is useless and doesn't correspond
> > any real problem.
> >
> > When you get a valid dump, please open a bug report, in the mean time,
> > use the
> > bacula-users list and the manual to help you get a valid dump.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Kern
>
> Ok, I finally got a segfault and I got a backtrace, I've put in a bug
> #1599. Please let me know if there is more information you need. I'd really
> like to get a resolution to this.

This seems to a support issue.  The dump that you posted shows no indication
of a crash, which means that your understanding of a crash an mine are
different.

This is possibly a deadlock, but I won't spend any more time on it until the
problem is a bit clearer.

Best regards,

Kern

By the way, if this is a production system, you should be running on Lenny,
which is known to be stable, and we support it.