Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Storage Daemon crash backtrace

2010-06-23 15:19:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Storage Daemon crash backtrace
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:17:46 +0200
On Wednesday 23 June 2010 19:41:24 Martin Simmons wrote:

> > My SD has been crashing every night and I finally got a backtrace. I
> > don't know what all this means, but I could sure use some help to figure
> > out why it keeps crashing and how to stop it so that I can get some
> > back-ups done.

> > Program received signal SIGUSR2, User defined signal 2.
>
> SIGUSR2 is probably benign (and hence not the cause of the original crash).
>
> I suggest ignoring it in gdb by using the command
>
> handle SIGUSR2 nostop noprint pass
>
> before running bacula-sd.

Yes, as Martin says, SIGUSR2 is something that should be ignored.  We use it
internally to signal between threads, and when you are running the debugger
on Bacula, you need to tell the debugger to ignore it -- as Martin indicates,
or most often, when I am manually debugging, I start it with "run -s -f ...".
For more information, see the Kaboom chapter of the "Problems" manual.

Of course, if Bacula sent you the traceback (or put it in your working
directory), you should open a bug report and post it there, and we will look
at it.

Regards,

Kern