Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Fwd: Quantum Superloader 3

2010-06-13 12:46:54
Subject: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Quantum Superloader 3
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 12:44:15 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 12:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Quantum Superloader 3
To: bwellsnc <bwellsnc AT gmail DOT com>

> No barcodes on the tapes.  Didn't know I needed to use them.  Thought I
> could use this unit without using barcodes.

Without barcodes on the tapes bacula will have to load each slot to
figure out what tape is in what slot. This makes the loading of new
volumes slow. If you do have a barcode reader on your changer its best
to use it. If you need there are a couple of online pages that will
generate pdfs of barcode labels that you can print on label paper.

John

--
John M. Drescher