Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Does Bacula issue the Prevent Media Removal command?

2010-05-24 12:52:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Does Bacula issue the Prevent Media Removal command?
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: Robert LeBlanc <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 17:50:42 +0100 (BST)
On Mon, 24 May 2010, Robert LeBlanc wrote:

> I'm trying to track down the cause of tapes being stuck in our library at
> random times.

What is the make and model of your library, _and_ your tape drives?

I get this semi-regularly here with HP LTO2 drives and MSL6000 changer
(Overland Neo 4000)

Most of the time simply issuing a mount command inside bconsole causes the
drive to be rescanned and unlocked, then the tape will eject and unload
correctly. (Mount, device, slot 0)

Last night we had scsi io errors which persisted because the tape had been
ejected, yet hadn't been unloaded. In that case it was a matter of telling
MTX to unload/reload the tape drive before bacula regained control of the
situation.

I believe this is a robot or fc/scsi bridge glitch, but HP have
consistently dodged all questions on the issue and close trouble tickets
as fast as they're opened...

Ideally Bacula would attempt this stuff automatically instead of needing
human intervention. I've tried to file a bugzilla on the problem, but Kern
keeps closing it.

AB