Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Does Bacula issue the Prevent Media Removal command?

2010-05-24 10:27:02
Subject: [Bacula-users] Does Bacula issue the Prevent Media Removal command?
From: Robert LeBlanc <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 08:00:26 -0600
I'm trying to track down the cause of tapes being stuck in our library at random times. When a tape is stuck, the library reports that a soft removal error occurred, and all I can think of is that Bacula is sending the Prevent Media Removal command to prevent tapes from being changed out without it's knowledge, but sometimes, it does not issue the Allow Media Removal command correctly to change the tape. This causes the jobs to back up waiting for a tape. We are running Debian Squeeze with 5.0.1.

Thanks,

Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences & Undergraduate Education Computer Support
Brigham Young University