Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup Architecture

2010-05-24 12:56:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup Architecture
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 12:53:14 -0400
On 5/24/2010 10:14 AM, Estela C. Macías T. wrote:
> Hi guys:
>
> I want a help, Recently On the university where I Work, We addquire a
> Storage NetAPP, Library Tape TLS-8466 and Rack with Blades Sun-Oracle.
>
> Also we currently have servers native on Rack HP, Virtual Machines on
> Rack Blades Sun-Oracle, Xen Citrix 5.0 comunnity version running on
> SAN NetApp with FC Ports.
>
> By other side, We don't have money for acquiring backup software and
> Xen Citrix Enterprise.
>

> Now, i want to ask:
>
> .- Can be Bacula works with TLS-8466?
> .- I read that Bacula Director can good works on virtual machine?

Works very well in a KVM/Qemu virtual machine here. It should also work
in a Xen domU.

> .- Where do you recommend to install Storage Daemon?, can be native
> server on Rack HP?

The problem with running the Storage Daemon in a virtual machine is
access to the tape drives. As long as you can give the virtual machine
access to the tape library, the Storage Daemon should also work in a
virtual machine.