Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Does Bacula issue the Prevent Media Removal command?

2010-05-24 11:51:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Does Bacula issue the Prevent Media Removal command?
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Robert LeBlanc <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 11:49:37 -0400
> Someone mentioned that changing "Always open" to "no" could help, but that
> kind of scares me. I'd like the protection of preventing removal, as long a
> Bacula can re-enable it when it needs to change tapes.
> I've had multiple drives changed out, and have updated the firmware on the
> drives and library a number of times in the last couple of years to try and
> fix this problem, but non of the fixes it, so I think it's either something
> Bacula or the kernel/mtx is doing.

What happens to me is that it is possible to get in a state where the
robot will not remove tapes from one or both drived. I can eject the
tape from the drive but when mtx or the move commands on the changer
itself both fail. I have been able to reset this situation by stopping
bacula-sd then unload the st and scsi card module then reenabling both
and restarting bacula-sd.

John