Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Basic question on Pruning and Volume Retention

2010-05-19 04:34:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] Basic question on Pruning and Volume Retention
From: Marcus Mülbüsch <muelbuesch AT as-infodienste DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 10:31:34 +0200
Hi all,

    if I understand everything correctly, when I define a pool and set
"AutoPrune = no" and "Volume Retention = 2 years", the first statement
actually nulls out the Volume Retention period, since the Volume will
never be pruned, and thus is never be able to be recycled.

    The Volume Retention only comes into place if I do a a manual prune
of the job. In that case the volume will be not be used for at least two
more years (possibly more if available volumes are available, and File
or Job Retention do not demand a longer period).

    Did I get this correctly?

Marcus