Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Basic question on Pruning and Volume Retention

2010-05-20 04:07:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Basic question on Pruning and Volume Retention
From: Marcus Mülbüsch <muelbuesch AT as-infodienste DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 10:05:21 +0200
Martin Simmons schrieb:

>>    So with this settings I have archived a backup (including holding the
>> Job Records indefinitely) until I manually work on it?
>
> If you have "AutoPrune = yes" in the Client definition then it might still get
> pruned.  That directive causes File and Job pruning for all jobs on the
> client, so you might need a separate Client definition for the archiving.

    Now it gets interesting!

    If the Client Resource sets AutoPrune = yes (default), and the Pool
Resource sets AutoPrune = No, that means that auto Prune is enabled?

    Does the Client resource override the Pool Resource? Or does "Yes"
in this case always override "No"?

    So, does all that actually mean that I have to set "Auto Prune = No"
in all Client resources, and then again in the Pool where I want to
store my "indefinite" archives?  While for the Daily/Weekly/Monthly
Pools the "AutoPrune = No" in the Client resource is ignored, when I set
nothing (default) in the Pool Resource?

   I have to admit I am a bit confused now with two places to define
AutoPrune.

    The manual tells nothing about which resource takes precedence; or
at least I cannot find it.

Marcus