Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Max Wait Time does not cancel job

2010-05-19 05:23:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] Max Wait Time does not cancel job
From: klarobac AT communitare DOT de
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 11:00:48 +0200
Hello,

we are using Bacula 5.0.1 on Ubuntu 10.04 and use the "Daily Tape
Rotation" as described here
http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Backup_Strategies.html#SECTION003030000000000000000

If the wrong tape is in the drive I´d like Bacula to cancel the job
after some time so it can run on the next day.

 From the documentation I understood that

Max Wait Time = 1h

should cancel a job after it has waited one hour for a resource (the
tape) to become available. Unfortunately this does not seem to work.

The job starts and waits forever for the correct tape.

Is my understanding of Max Wait Time incorrect or does it not work?

Thanks for any help
Klaro