Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] VirtualFull mysql query blocks other jobs for a long time

2010-04-08 04:43:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] VirtualFull mysql query blocks other jobs for a long time
From: Graham Keeling <graham AT equiinet DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 09:46:55 +0100
On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 09:58:51AM -0700, ebollengier wrote:

> ebollengier wrote:
> >

> > Graham Keeling wrote:

> >> I'm currently running your script to generate the test database. I think
> >> that is going to take a long time, so I'll leave it overnight.
> >>

> > This is your first problem, on my server (just a workstation), it takes
> > less
> > than 10s to add 200,000 records...
> >

> In fact, it's 4seconds, here...
>
> JobId=15 files=20000
> Insert takes 4secs for 200000 records
> JobId=16 files=50000
> Insert takes 11secs for 500000 records
> JobId=20 files=200000
> Insert takes 43secs for 2000000 records

I was running these three simultaneously, as described in the script.
I assume that fill_table.pl is the same as docs_techlogs_accurate-test.pl.

# filename=1 ./fill_table.pl &
# path=1 ./fill_table.pl &
# file=1 ./fill_table.pl &

However, I was also not running it on the machine that I did my original tests
on because it didn't have pwgen and the perl DBD-mysql thing installed.
But I have installed them now, so I will switch back to that machine.
Running one instance looks comparable with yours:

tserv tmp # file=1 docs_techlogs_accurate-test.pl
JobId=1 files=20000
Insert takes 9secs for 200000 records
JobId=2 files=20000
Insert takes 6secs for 200000 records
JobId=3 files=20000
Insert takes 8secs for 200000 records
JobId=4 files=20000

(but I think it is still going to take some time)