Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Volumes on full disk - lots of 0 byte files

2010-04-08 04:31:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Volumes on full disk - lots of 0 byte files
From: Thomas Mueller <thomas AT chaschperli DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 08:27:08 +0000 (UTC)
Am Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:17:53 +1000 schrieb Rex Chan:

> Hi guys,
>
> once disk space becomes full, our bacula configuration starts writing
> out a whole bunch of 0 byte volumes to disk.

maybe you wan't to delete them with "delete volume=xyz" on bconsole.

> I can manually delete all the 0 byte files, but does the catalog require
> cleanup as well?

> What changes can I make to our configuration to prevent this from
> happening?

if bacula is filling your disk space:

you could enforce total size of a pool with bacula pool settings or set
maximum number of volumes in pool.

if others are filling space: PreScript check (if your dir is also sd, no
StoragePreScript exists)

- Thomas