Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] VirtualFull mysql query blocks other jobs for a long time

2010-04-07 12:53:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] VirtualFull mysql query blocks other jobs for a long time
From: ebollengier <eric AT eb.homelinux DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 09:51:11 -0700 (PDT)

Graham Keeling wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 08:22:09AM -0700, ebollengier wrote:
>> I tweaked my test to compare both queries, and it shows no difference
>> with
>> and without base job part... If you want to test queries on your side
>> with
>> your data, you can download my tool (accurate-test.pl) on
>> http://bacula.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=bacula/docs;a=tree;f=docs/techlogs;hb=HEAD
>>
>> If you can tweak my script to reproduce your problem, i would be able to
>> fix
>> things.
>>
>> http://old.nabble.com/file/p28166612/diff-with-without-basejob.png
>
> I'm currently running your script to generate the test database. I think
> that is going to take a long time, so I'll leave it overnight.

This is your first problem, on my server (just a workstation), it takes less
than 10s to add 200,000 records...

> Meanwhile (unless I misunderstand), I think that your graph is labelled
> strangely.
>
> When I'm generating the file records, I get this:

> JobId=10 files=200000
> Insert takes 445secs for 2000000 records
> JobId=13 files=20000
> Insert takes 54secs for 200000 records
>

> So, JobIds 10 + 13:
>                    220000 files
>                   2200000 records
>
> Your script says:
> do_bench("10,13", 2200000);
> This is obviously the records number.
>
> Your graph uses this bigger number and labels it 'Files'.

The accurate query on jobid=10,13 will work on 2,000,000 + 200,000 files
(this is
the argument), as each filenames are different, you can expect to retrieve
2,2M files.

It's quite possible that it miss a *10 mutiplication somewhere in debug
messages (I insert files 10 by 10)

Bye