Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Any takers, pls? Bacula Sudo Authentication Failure

2010-03-19 12:10:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Any takers, pls? Bacula Sudo Authentication Failure
From: Matija Nalis <mnalis+bacula AT CARNet DOT hr>
To: Lucio Godoy <luciocfgodoy AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:08:28 +0100
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 03:53:31PM +0000, Lucio Godoy wrote:
> Any takers, pls?
>
> Hi All;
>
> I have Bacula 3.0.2-1 installed on a RHEL 5.4 and it works well without any
> issues, but every day I get the following message from my log file watch
> program:
>
> sudo:
> Authentication Failures:
> (0) -> bacula: 1 Time(s)
>

> Had a look with visudo, bacula is not present there, should it be?

If it happens every day at specific time, I would guess it is some
kind od cron job. I do not use RHEL (and do not have such a sudo
issue), but you can try to search (as root) :

egrep -r "sudo|bacula" /etc/cron* /var/spool/cron /etc/logrotate.d

It it shows something, that you can see what is trying to do the sudo
and pehaps can deduce why, and then decide weather you need it (in
which case you would allow sudo to execute that cron job) or if you
don't (in which case you would remove that cron job)

--
Matija Nalis
Odjel racunalno-informacijskih sustava i servisa

Hrvatska akademska i istrazivacka mreza - CARNet
Josipa Marohnica 5, 10000 Zagreb
tel. +385 1 6661 616, fax. +385 1 6661 766
www.CARNet.hr