Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Job Copy - from one SD to another

2010-03-19 11:54:25
Subject: [Bacula-users] Job Copy - from one SD to another
From: "Dan Langille" <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 11:52:06 -0400
I want to set up Job Copy to duplicate Jobs on disk-based Volumes onto
tape-based Volumes.

I've been running with a single bacula-sd for some time now.  It has a
tape library attached.

I recently set up a new server with 8TB of attached storage.  All backups
are now going to this server.

Given this situation, I won't be able to copy or migrate Jobs from Tape to
Disk.  Why?

"Migration is only implemented for a single Storage daemon. You cannot
read on one Storage daemon and write on another. "

  http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/concepts/concepts/Migration_Copy.html

DOH!

I think the only feasible solution for this is to merge the old bacula-sd
onto the new bacula-sd.  That is, attach the tape library to the new
server.

Comments?

--
Dan Langille -- http://langille.org/