Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Fileset path national charset trouble

2010-03-19 11:16:32
Subject: [Bacula-users] Fileset path national charset trouble
From: eMJay <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 11:14:25 -0400
Hi there,
about two months ago I managed to get Bacula 2.4.4 work. We use it to backup
server data in company. Now we decided to backup also employees' PCs. Here I
came across a problem. There is either slovak or czech version of WinXP
installed on each of them. That means, that also system directories' names are
in those languages. The problem is that the national alphabet of these langs
contains also not common letters like í, á etc. That's problem for bacula,
because it's not able to backup files in such dirs.
Is there any workaround?
Let's say I need to backup file:
C:/Documents and Settings/username/Data
aplikací/Thunderbird/Profiles/tnq8tlvl.default/xpti.dat

Thanks for help.