Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Can someone help me to solve my logical problem... ?

2010-03-11 11:45:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Can someone help me to solve my logical problem... ?
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: gnowar <g.nowar AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:43:06 -0500
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 11:22 AM, gnowar <g.nowar AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

>>If the volume is pruned then the jobs and files on that volume have to
>>be pruned. If bacula is not operating this way this is a bug.
>
> I think it is. I understood that should works this way when I read the spec
> but that doesn't work on my system..

What is the status of that volume?

Use the console list media command:

list media

>>You need to modify your schedule how I explained in my first post.
>
> As you saw, I don't speak english so well,

Yes. I guarantee that your English is better than the only other
language I know somewhat..

>  I didn't find anything relevent
> in the spec you gave me. I understand how to use one pool for the twentieth
> day of a month, but not for every 20 days. It's different cause it's
> completly random comared to the day, of a month (I don't know if I'm clear,
> that should work like a "counter" ?)

I think you are correct. There does not appear to be an easy way to
schedule this.

> I don't know if it's possible, and if it is, that's the key of my problem.

You could use a bash script that feeds commands to bconsole to force
bacula to run jobs on the 20th day.

> Hope you understand me.

I'm trying..

John