Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Can someone help me to solve my logical problem... ?

2010-03-11 10:01:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] Can someone help me to solve my logical problem... ?
From: gnowar <g.nowar AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 06:59:21 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

I have a problem with my personnal cycle tape. Let's see how it works :

I have 20 tapes who are changed everyday. Everytime the 20s tape comes, I
put it in a box during 365 days.

It's like that :

1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
.
.
.
20------> In the box during 1 year

And so on...

1- (New tape)
2- (Ex 1st tape)
3- (Ex 2nd tape)
.
.
.
20------> In the box during 1 year

You see my problem ? I haven't the same retention times for the tapes who
are rewritted every 20 days, and those who are keeped during one year.

The problem is that I put the catalog name in the client... and as I know, I
can't have two same client right ?

I can't find any solution, excepted keeping files, jobs and volumes during
only 20 days and save the catalog in each tape, and rebuilt the catalog to
recover datas... But that's not easy to use..

Can someone has an idea ?

Thanks !