Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Can someone help me to solve my logical problem... ?

2010-03-11 10:55:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Can someone help me to solve my logical problem... ?
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: gnowar <g.nowar AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 10:53:46 -0500
> I don't know if it's "normal", but I can't reuse a tape if files and jobs are
> not pruned, even if the volume is. Files retention and Jobs retention ar
> definited in the client section.

If the volume is pruned then the jobs and files on that volume have to
be pruned. If bacula is not operating this way this is a bug.

> Plus, how can I say to bacula, "use this pool every twentieth backup" ?

You need to modify your schedule how I explained in my first post.

See the examples in the documentation here:
http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION001450000000000000000

John

John