Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] eSATA / USB disks as media for Bacula

2009-11-13 11:52:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] eSATA / USB disks as media for Bacula
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:46:52 +0100
Kevin Keane wrote:
> [...]
For information mine is a
Board Info: #2

    Manufacturer: "ASUSTeK Computer INC."

    Product: "M2N-SLI DELUXE"

    Version: "1.XX"

which have 6 nv_sata ahci inside
"nVidia MCP55 SATA Controller"
( 2x320Gb WDC system & data in raid 1 + 4 1TB samsung Raid-edition in raid 10
for bacula storage )

otherwise the external e-sata is mapped with a jmicron controller ( which
doesn't really work actually with the 2.6.27 kernel )
perhaps it would work more nicely with the new 2.6.31 ...

for info
33: PCI 200.0: 0106 SATA controller (AHCI 1.0)
  [Created at pci.318]
  UDI: /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/pci_197b_2363
  Unique ID: B35A.9XBu8y_VUsD
  Parent ID: vuMS.D2XgYo_AJe1
  SysFS ID: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:0e.0/0000:02:00.0
  SysFS BusID: 0000:02:00.0
  Hardware Class: storage
  Model: "ASUSTeK P5B [JMB363]"
  Vendor: pci 0x197b "JMicron Technologies, Inc."
  Device: pci 0x2363 "JMicron 20360/20363 AHCI Controller"
  SubVendor: pci 0x1043 "ASUSTeK Computer Inc."
  SubDevice: pci 0x81e4 "P5B [JMB363]"
  Revision: 0x03
  Driver: "ahci"
  Driver Modules: "ahci"
  Memory Range: 0xfddfe000-0xfddfffff (rw,non-prefetchable)
  Memory Range: 0xfdde0000-0xfddeffff (ro,prefetchable,disabled)
  IRQ: 16 (19116813 events)
  Module Alias: "pci:v0000197Bd00002363sv00001043sd000081E4bc01sc06i01"
  Driver Info #0:
    Driver Status: ahci is active
    Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe ahci"
  Config Status: cfg=no, avail=yes, need=no, active=unknown
  Attached to: #25 (PCI bridge)

--

     Bruno Friedmann