Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] eSATA / USB disks as media for Bacula

2009-11-11 16:57:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] eSATA / USB disks as media for Bacula
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 23:19:54 +0200
"Andrew Vliet" <arvliet AT gmail DOT com> kirjoitti viestissä
news:1257933183.9152.14.camel AT cadmium.vlietwerkz DOT ca...
> Hello all,
>
> Been looking for a half hour or so now, and it /seems/ that - with
> moderate work - Bacula can use disk as media..?  Is that true?
>
> I'd be more interested in using eSATA than USB.
>
> Can anyone confirm that this can be done?

Whichever disk interface (sata, usb etc.) that your hardware and operating
system supports will work.

Actually, you won't use directly the disks from Bacula, but files on these
disks behave as Bacula's volumes, similar to tapes.
"MediaType=File" in the configuration is the key here.

--
TiN