Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] When is my Volume will be recycled?

2009-10-15 20:09:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] When is my Volume will be recycled?
From: Jose Perez <jvoorhees1 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 19:02:26 -0500
Hi people:

I'm a little confused about how bacula deals with Pools and Volumes.
I'm using Automatic labeling with a Pool that uses a unique Volume (as
file disk) that is continuosly increasing its size. I have a unique
volume named Vol-0001 with a size of 900 GB and status Append.

If I pretend to preserve Files for 30 days, Jobs for 60 days.. so When
my big volume will be marked as Full or Used to be able to get
recycled? These are my Pool and Clients configurations:

Client {
  Name = srv-bacula
  Password = e7058a46df6c0af918108003a2051a648a211fa4
  Address = 192.168.100.221
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  File Retention = 30 days
  Job Retention = 2 months
}

Pool {
  Name = Default
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Label Format = Vol-
  Volume Retention = 15 days
}

I'm not sure when Bacula will need a new volume nor will mark this
volume ready for get recycled. I understand that a volume with Append
status can't be marked as Purged. Am I right?

I hope someone can explain me a little what's wrong with my
understanding of these things. Thanks