Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] autochanger and barcode

2009-10-15 18:25:25
Subject: [Bacula-users] autochanger and barcode
From: Nicola Quargentan <nicola AT quargentan DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 00:03:53 +0200
hi,

I'm very newbie and I want to use a DELL TL2000 autochanger.
I made 7 pool in config file, one for each day of week:
Monday, Tuesday, etc.

I want to use one volume for day and label it same as barcode. When I
tried "label barcode" I must to put all tape in only one pool:

*label barcode
The defined Storage resources are:
      1: File
      2: autochanger
Select Storage resource (1-2): 2
Connecting to Storage daemon autochanger at backup.quargentan.loc:9103 ...
Connecting to Storage daemon autochanger at backup.quargentan.loc:9103 ...
3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
Device "tape-burp-LTO4" has 23 slots.
Connecting to Storage daemon autochanger at backup.quargentan.loc:9103 ...
3306 Issuing autochanger "list" command.
The following Volumes will be labeled:
Slot  Volume
==============
    1  GDV100L4
    5  GDV101L4
    6  GDV102L4
   12  GDV107L4
   13  GDV105L4
   14  GDV104L4
   15  GDV103L4
   16  GDV106L4
Do you want to label these Volumes? (yes|no): yes
Defined Pools:
      1: Scratch
      2: FullTest
      3: DiffTest
      4: IncrTest
      6: Monday
      7: Tuesday
      8: Wednesday
      9: Thursday
     10: Friday
     11: Saturday
     12: Sunday
Select the Pool (1-12): .

So I cannot put the volume GDV100L4 in Monday, GDV101L4 in Tuesday etc.
I tried also to put all volumes in Scratch pool, but bacula return a lot
of messages:
Cannot label Volume because it is already labeled.

1) Is there a clue to add one volume labeled by barcode to a single pool?
2) How I can relabel the volumes (I found a bad clue on the web: erase
every tapes manually :( ).

Thanks, Nicola.

--
Nicola Quargentan