Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Two questions concerning Bacula (Off Course)

2009-09-09 07:21:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Two questions concerning Bacula (Off Course)
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 13:16:18 +0200
Reynier Pérez Mira wrote:
> Hi every:
> I have two questions about Bacula.
>
> 1) Recently my boss tell me that he need  to backup a Oracle 10g R2
> installed on RedHat 4.5 AS. How I can do this?
> 2) I have one Debian Lenny with OSSIM and I need to backup this too. My
> Bacula server is running Bacula 3.0.1 and Bacula FD on Debian
> repositories is 2.4.4-1. Can I backup this client too or I need to build
> Bacula FD 3.0.x client?
>
> Cheers and thanks in advance

Be carefull with the mixed version FD / Dir / Sd there's several messages about
trouble with authentification
between 2.4 FD & storage 3x

It's better to use a FD 3.x ( should be already compiled & packaged for debian
somewhere )
Also 3.x fd can use plugin pipe ( and other ) check docs for that.

--

     Bruno Friedmann