Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Two questions concerning Bacula (Off Course)

2009-09-07 12:32:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Two questions concerning Bacula (Off Course)
From: Reynier Pérez Mira <rperezm AT uci DOT cu>
To: Julien Cigar <jcigar AT ulb.ac DOT be>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 09:27:35 -0400
Julien Cigar wrote:
> http://wiki.bacula.org/doku.php?id=application_specific_backups:oracle_rdbms

This describe the process when both applications Oracle DB and Bacula
are in the same system (server as far as I understood) but I have this
separated: Bacula is running on Ubuntu Server 9.04 and Oracle 10g R2 is
running on RH AS 4.6 as I said before. So what's the best approach to
follow here?

> The recommended setup is always to have the same version for both client
> and servers, but 2.4.x FD should be compatible with 3.0.x DIR

You're right. I remember that I have some clients running 2.4.4 and it
can be backed up without problems.

Cheers
--
Ing. Reynier Pérez Mira