Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Two questions concerning Bacula (Off Course)

2009-09-09 04:18:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Two questions concerning Bacula (Off Course)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 01:13:57 -0700
M. Sébastien LELIEVRE wrote:
> Reynier Pérez Mira a écrit :
>
>> Julien Cigar wrote:
>>
>>> http://wiki.bacula.org/doku.php?id=application_specific_backups:oracle_rdbms
>>>
>> This describe the process when both applications Oracle DB and Bacula
>> are in the same system (server as far as I understood) but I have this
>> separated: Bacula is running on Ubuntu Server 9.04 and Oracle 10g R2 is
>> running on RH AS 4.6 as I said before. So what's the best approach to
>> follow here?
>>
> You misunderstood it ; the RunBeforeJob and RunAfterJob parameters in
> the Job section execute scripts (as root, iirc) from the remote file
> daemon you want to backup.
>
> It does not have to be on the same machine.

You may be thinking of the ClientRunBeforeJob and ClientRunAfterJob
directives?

RunBeforeJob and RunAfterJob are executed by the director, and run as
whatever user the director is running (usually, user bacula).

ClientRunBeforeJob and ClientRunAfterJob are executed by the FD, and run
as whatever user the FD is running (usually root, as you already said).

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is
intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.