Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Two questions concerning Bacula (Off Course)

2009-09-07 09:21:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Two questions concerning Bacula (Off Course)
From: "Mike Holden" <bacula AT mikeholden DOT org>
To: rperezm AT uci DOT cu
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 13:57:05 +0100 (BST)
Reynier Pérez Mira wrote:
> Hi every:
> I have two questions about Bacula.
>
> 1) Recently my boss tell me that he need  to backup a Oracle 10g R2
> installed on RedHat 4.5 AS. How I can do this?

Personally, I would look to Oracle's own backup tools, like RMAN, and
configuring a
Flash Recovery Area (FRA) for Oracle backups, rather than using an external
tool,
however good Bacula may be at simple file backups!
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts