Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to prevent to schedule a job if the same job is still running

2009-08-30 03:47:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to prevent to schedule a job if the same job is still running
From: Martina Mohrstein <mmohr007 AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 02:41:34 -0500
We have the follwing problem:

We hava the following backup job that could run longer than one day while a
"full" backup.

Job {
  Name = Full
  Type = Backup
  Client = pdb000qa-fd
  FileSet = "Full Set"
  Schedule = "MonthlyCycle"
  Storage = File
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = Default
  Full Backup Pool = Full-Pool
  Incremental Backup Pool = Inc-Pool
  Differential Backup Pool = Diff-Pool
  Write Bootstrap = "C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application
Data\\Bacula\\Work\\Full.bsr"
  Priority = 30
  Max Start Delay = 23 hours
  Max Wait Time = 1 hour
  Rerun Failed Levels = yes
}

This job has the follwing schedule:

Schedule {
  Name = "MonthlyCycle"
  Run = Full jan 1st sun at 3:05
  Run = Full jul 1st sun at 3:05
  Run = Differential jan 2nd-5th sun at 3:05
  Run = Differential feb-jun 1st-5th sun at 3:05
  Run = Differential jul 2nd-5th sun at 3:05
  Run = Differential aug-dec 1st-5th sun at 3:05
  Run = Incremental tue-sat at 3:05
}

After startupof bacula with this definition for the very first time, in the
first night this job is upgrades to full because the doesn't exists a prior
backup. This full backup takes more tha one day but in the second night the job
is scheduled another time as full because there still doesn't exist a valid
backup of this job because the old job is still running.
With the default job directive "Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1" only the
concurrent run of the same job is prevented but not the schedule of a job when
the same job is still running.

So my question is how could I prevent the schedule of a job when the same job
is already running?

We hope that somebody out there could help us.

Regards Martin

http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M0908axFotos2_WW
-> Für Fotos hier abdrücken <-