Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to prevent to schedule a job if the same job is still running

2009-08-31 14:45:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to prevent to schedule a job if the same job is still running
From: Stephen Thompson <stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu>
To: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:16:13 -0700

Note this tread as well; it's possible the documentation is wrong (the
source code seem to indicate so):

Dear All,
Bacula (3.0.2) is configured to make daily backups of some systems. Full
backups unfortunately take more then one day to complete and I want to
avoid that duplicate jobs start (or are queued) before the full backup
is completed.

No duplicate job control directives are configured. If I understand the
manual correctly (perhaps it's an interpretation error of me)
http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/New_Features.html#SECTION003100000000000000000
this should not happen.

I had a quick look in the source code and found this code in src/dird/job.c:

bool allow_duplicate_job(JCR *jcr)
{
    JOB *job = jcr->job;
    JCR *djcr;                /* possible duplicate */

    if (job->AllowDuplicateJobs) {
       return true;
    }
    if (!job->AllowHigherDuplicates) {
        --> code related to "Cancel Queued Duplicates: and "Cancel Running
Duplicates" here
    }
    return true;
}

Apparently "Cancel Queued Duplicates" and "Cancel Running Duplicates"
are only evaluated when "Allow Higher Duplicates" is set to "no" - not
default. Is this an error in the documentation, code or me not correctly
understanding the manual or code?

Kind regards,
Bram Vandoren.

--
Stephen Thompson               Berkeley Seismological Laboratory
stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu    215 McCone Hall # 4760