Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] disk full, need to reset and upgrade

2009-08-04 04:03:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] disk full, need to reset and upgrade
From: Thomas Manson <dev.mansonthomas AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 10:00:22 +0200
One other thing :

  I've set to 40 volumes.

  When all volume were filled up, I was expecting bacula to recycle the first volume... but it didn't, I had to increase the number of volume...

Thomas.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 09:58, Thomas Manson <dev.mansonthomas AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
Hi,

  I've been using bacula to backup remote hosts through ssh connection.

  It works well except that :

  • a lot of data is backed up on remote host uselessly (as log file ...)
  • I need to upgrade to bacula 3.x to have the exclude feature... but I'm running on ubuntu and would like to keep the apt-get update feature working for bacula
  • My hardrives are full. While I didn't have a NAS ready, I set the backup directory to /backup on my primary disks (raid1).
    I now have 2.7TB in Raid5 on a nas mounted in /mnt/backup

What I would like is :

  • upgrade to v3 and backup only what is needed (with the exclude feature)
  • delete all existing backup in /backup (150GB)
  • start backing up on /mnt/backup
my filesystem is almost full (96%) ...

Thanks for any help ;)
Thomas.