Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Debian Packages: Bacula Beta 2.5.42-b2

2009-03-24 22:02:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Debian Packages: Bacula Beta 2.5.42-b2
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 18:52:39 -0700
The message "packages have been kept back" is an apt-get message; you
can find details about it with a Google search.

Basically, it means that the structure of the packages has been changed
between what is installed and what you are trying to install, and
apt-get is warning you that this is more than a simple 1:1 update. In
this case, apparently the package "bacula" has been split into the many
individual packages. apt-get wants to be sure that this really is what
you mean to do.

To resolve it, you need a different apt-get command; I believe it is
dist-upgrade instead of upgrade, but please double-check that with
sources that know more about apt.

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is
intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.