Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Debian Packages: Bacula Beta 2.5.42-b2

2009-03-24 13:49:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Debian Packages: Bacula Beta 2.5.42-b2
From: Chris Cameron <chrisacameron AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 12:42:22 -0500
OK I tried again, and it seemed to work, but bconsole is not reporting the right version

root@daffy:/storage/ftproot# apt-get upgrade

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  bacula-client bacula-common bacula-console bacula-director-common bacula-director-mysql bacula-fd bacula-sd bacula-sd-mysql bacula-server
  bacula

1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 9 not upgraded.
Need to get 66.9kB of archives.
After this operation, 16.4kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Get:1 http://chaschperli.ch intrepid-bacula/ bacula 2.5.42~beta2mit1 [66.9kB]
Fetched 66.9kB in 1s (52.2kB/s)
(Reading database ... 63524 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace bacula 2.4.2-1ubuntu6 (using .../bacula_2.5.42~beta2mit1_
all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement bacula ...
Setting up bacula (2.5.42~beta2mit1) ...
root@daffy:/storage/ftproot# bconsole
Connecting to Director daffy:9101
1000 OK: daffy-dir Version: 2.4.2 (26 July 2008)
Enter a period to cancel a command.
*version
daffy-dir Version: 2.4.2 (26 July 2008) i486-pc-linux-gnu debian lenny/sid

seems only the bacula package was updated. what should I do to upgrade the rest? and do I need to backup any settings/conf's?

~Chris Cameron

Sent from: Houston TX United States.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 1:41 AM, Thomas Mueller <thomas AT chaschperli DOT ch> wrote:
On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 12:51:08 +0900, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Chris Cameron wrote:
>> The error is now gone, but it still doesn't want to upgrade
>>

>> root@daffy:/var/www# aptitude update
>
> The repository at:
>
> http://chaschperli.ch/debian/intrepid-bacula
>
> is empty, which is why it's not doing anything. It looks like the
> package files didn't make it into the repository dir.

... now the hardy/intrepid repo is populated with packages... seems i had
my brain lost somewhere as i created the repo for hardy/intrepid... sorry.

"apt-cache policy <packagename>" will tell you from which repo it's gonna
pull the package.

- Thomas