Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Debian Packages: Bacula Beta 2.5.42-b2

2009-03-25 10:05:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Debian Packages: Bacula Beta 2.5.42-b2
From: Chris Cameron <chrisacameron AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 08:57:42 -0500
Now when I run it, it seems to have some weird errors

root@daffy:~# aptitude dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
  mt-st{a}
  bacula-client bacula-common bacula-console bacula-director-common
  bacula-director-mysql bacula-fd bacula-sd bacula-sd-mysql bacula-server
The following packages are RECOMMENDED but will NOT be installed:
  bacula-traymonitor
9 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 2525kB of archives. After unpacking 205kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]
Writing extended state information... Done
Err http://us.archive.ubuntu.com intrepid/universe mt-st 1.1-2
  302 Moved Temporarily [IP: 91.189.88.45 80]
Err http://chaschperli.ch intrepid-bacula/ bacula-sd-mysql 2.5.42~beta2mit1
  302 Moved Temporarily
Err http://chaschperli.ch intrepid-bacula/ bacula-common 2.5.42~beta2mit1
  302 Moved Temporarily
Err http://chaschperli.ch intrepid-bacula/ bacula-sd 2.5.42~beta2mit1
  302 Moved Temporarily
Err http://chaschperli.ch intrepid-bacula/ bacula-fd 2.5.42~beta2mit1
  302 Moved Temporarily
Err http://chaschperli.ch intrepid-bacula/ bacula-console 2.5.42~beta2mit1
  302 Moved Temporarily
Err http://chaschperli.ch intrepid-bacula/ bacula-director-mysql 2.5.42~beta2mit1
  302 Moved Temporarily
Err http://chaschperli.ch intrepid-bacula/ bacula-director-common 2.5.42~beta2mit1
  302 Moved Temporarily
Err http://chaschperli.ch intrepid-bacula/ bacula-client 2.5.42~beta2mit1
  302 Moved Temporarily
Err http://chaschperli.ch intrepid-bacula/ bacula-server 2.5.42~beta2mit1
  302 Moved Temporarily
E: Failed to fetch http://chaschperli.ch/debian/intrepid-bacula/bacula-sd-mysql_                                                                             2.5.42~beta2mit1_i386.deb: 302 Moved Temporarily
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Writing extended state information... Done

~Chris Cameron

Sent from: Houston TX United States.

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 4:05 AM, Thomas Mueller <thomas AT chaschperli DOT ch> wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:39:18 +0900, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Craig Ringer wrote:
>> Thomas Mueller wrote:
>>
>>> as this is a beta version, and the package is not tested
>>
>> Youch, I spoke too soon on the upgrade.
>>
>> I just updated the server running the director, or tried to, as I'd
>> finished updating all the FDs with your packages.
>>
>> Looks like the pgsql director and sd packages are broken and
>> uninstallable due to unresolvable dependency problems.
>
> Sorry for the reply to self:
>
> Downloading the package sources, removing all references to MySQL from
> debian/control, removing MySQL references from debian/rules, and running
> "rm debian/*mysql*" to get rid of the binary package descriptors allowed
> me to build a copy of the packages without broken dependencies.
>
> It looks like dh_makeshlibs or dh_shlibdeps must be adding the
> dependency to satisfy a library dependency in the sd, and fail to
> understand that the libraries needed appear in both the pgsql and mysql
> packages.
>
> I just did the quick and dirty fix for now, but I'll if I can figure out
> how to fix it properly in a bit. I don't do much Debian packaging, and
> find it pretty arcane, so I'm not sure how much luck I'll have.

the problem is the /usr/lib/libbacsql.so.1  library file which seems to
be shared among sd and dir.

this file contains only support for one database flavor, so it seems that
it needs 3 new packages bacula-common-(mysql|pgsql|sqlite3). the sql
independent files are already in bacula-common

at the moment the packages work only for mysql. i'm removing the other
flavors.

- Thomas