Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Debian Packages: Bacula Beta 2.5.42-b2

2009-03-24 18:14:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Debian Packages: Bacula Beta 2.5.42-b2
From: Thomas Mueller <thomas AT chaschperli DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 22:06:41 +0000 (UTC)
> root@daffy:/storage/ftproot# apt-get upgrade Reading package lists...
> Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> The following packages have been kept back:
>   *bacula-client bacula-common bacula-console bacula-director-common
> bacula-director-mysql bacula-fd bacula-sd bacula-sd-mysql bacula-server*
>   *bacula*
> 1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 9 not upgraded. Need to
> get 66.9kB of archives.

aptitude* dist-upgrade will install packages with new dependencies
(openssl in this case)

maybe you need to upgrade your database with the sql-script found in  /
usr/share/dbconfig-common/data/bacula-director-mysql/upgrade/mysql/2.5.0

> seems only the bacula package was updated. what should I do to upgrade
> the rest? and do I need to backup any settings/conf's?

as this is a beta version, and the package is not tested, beside that
having all the time a backup, i would suggest to make a backup of /etc/
bacula and the bacula catalog.

- Thomas

* aptitude ist preferred over apt-get by debian since it has better
dependency resolution.