Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Feature Request: Implement an 'Volume Append Duration' pool directive

2009-02-12 10:44:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Feature Request: Implement an 'Volume Append Duration' pool directive
From: Brian Debelius <bdebelius AT intelesyscorp DOT com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:43:30 -0500
Hi, Sorry, you missed the boat.  :)

Kevin Keane wrote:

> He would like a volume marked used not at the beginning of a backup job,
> but only after the backup job has successfully completed. That way, if
> the backup failed, the same tape could be reused.

Only after all the jobs have completed.

> And he also would like a way to specify for bacula to use a new tape for
> each job (like the Max Volume Jobs directive already, but that uses up a
> tape even when the job later fails).
No, I have many jobs spanning many tapes.  This is ok.

Lets say I have 3 jobs spanning 2 tapes.  Job 1 spans tape A and tape
B.  Job 1 runs OK.  Job 2 starts but stalls for some reason before
writing.  The Volume Use Durations is then exceeded before Job 2 is
corrected and finished.  Bacula then wants tape C.  I want Jobs 2 and 3
to be on tape B only.  Then I want that last tape (B) marked used when
all the jobs are done so that when the next nights jobs run, a new tape
is written to.