Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Feature Request: Implement an 'Volume Append Duration' pool directive

2009-02-11 19:42:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Feature Request: Implement an 'Volume Append Duration' pool directive
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 13:36:02 -0800
I have a hunch that what he is really getting at is two separate
features. I could be way off base, my mind reading machine is currently
in the shop ;-)

He would like a volume marked used not at the beginning of a backup job,
but only after the backup job has successfully completed. That way, if
the backup failed, the same tape could be reused.

And he also would like a way to specify for bacula to use a new tape for
each job (like the Max Volume Jobs directive already, but that uses up a
tape even when the job later fails).

Whether these are good features to have is a different story. In my
mind, even a failed backup job has some value as long as at least one
file did get backed up (backup jobs that fail without ever backing up a
file obviously are useless - maybe that's the scenario he is thinking of).

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is
intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.