Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Add forums to the main page?

2008-12-16 15:11:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Add forums to the main page?
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:08:21 -0800
John Drescher wrote:
>> For such people, like me, an email list
>> means that my mailbox gets filled up every day with posts from people
>> who have questions completely unrelated to how I use bacula.
>>

> This is where gmail helps. The box never fills up and I generally do
> not delete non spam email. Threading is much better than yahoo.

Ultimately, it will have to work with Microsoft Outlook and Exchange -
my guess is that the majority of corporate types are using that.
Personally, I'm using Outlook for my primary email account and
Thunderbird for the secondary (since Outlook doesn't support secondary
emails).
>> With all that said, I think there already is an excellent solution
>> available that solved all these problems: Yahoo Groups. OK, Open-Source
>> purists probably don't like it because it's proprietary. Quite frankly,
>> though, I have to say: "so what?"
>>
> Yuck. I really hate yahoo groups. Although I admit the biggest problem
> is they require it to tie to a yahoo account. The problem with that is
> my yahoo account (its a paid one / have to cancel) gets 1000 spam
> messages per day. And I am not exaggerating.

Did you know that you don't have to use a Yahoo mail account? You can go
into your Yahoo profile and add a second (and third and fourth) email
address, and for each group separately specify which account you want
the emails to be delivered to. You can also use any of these email
addresses to post to the groups.

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is
intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.