Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with tape capacity

2008-11-27 07:34:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with tape capacity
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: Willians Vivanco <williansvi AT infomed.sld DOT cu>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:41:18 +0000 (GMT)
On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, Willians Vivanco wrote:

> Thanks for the information, but... Some specific action i do to make Bacula
> recognize more than 64Kb in my tapes? I'm really confused and my work is
> completely stopped for that reason.

Bacula just talks to the os generic tape interface.

What are the permissions of /dev/nst* and what userid are the programs
running as?

If these are correct:

What happens if you try to write to the tape using tar and related
programs?

--
Sending anything by unencrypted email is the internet equivalent of
writing on the back of a post card that anyone might be able to see.