Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fibre Channel drives keep switching

2008-11-19 11:14:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fibre Channel drives keep switching
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Robert LeBlanc" <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:12:52 -0500
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Robert LeBlanc <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
wrote:
> We have a Overland Storage Neo 8000 with two FC LTO3 drives, and almost
> every time the SD is rebooted, the drives swap places. Drive0 will be
> /dev/st0 and Drive1 will be /dev/st1, then sometimes after reboot Drive0
> will be /dev/st1 and Drive1 will be /dev/st0. It doesn't happen all the time
> and I thought udev would take care of keeping the drive the same across
> reboots like the Ethernet cards. Does anyone have some wisdom that they can
> impart to me on this problem?

You can write a udev rule to lock the drives down. I wrote one awhile
back to keep the changer device the same.

dev6 ~ # cat /etc/udev/rules.d/55-bacula.rules
SUBSYSTEM=="scsi",ATTRS{vendor}=="EXABYTE*",ATTRS{type}=="8",
SYMLINK+="autochanger1 changer"

BTW, Is this swapping of drives causing any real problems?

John