Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Missing nfs share blocks job [fd: 2.2.8]

2008-11-13 06:08:02
Subject: [Bacula-users] Missing nfs share blocks job [fd: 2.2.8]
From: Ronald Buder <rbuder AT proficom-ag DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:05:11 +0100
Hi,

we have noticed a blocker which may be resolved in later versions of the
file daemon, if not I will file it as a bug. If, for whatsoever reason a
network share breaks away, which is (implicitly) included in the fileset
the job will stall. At this very moment I am waiting for four backup
jobs. I have tried to cancel them without any success. The jobs have
been running for some 8 hours now, cancellation attempt was roundabout 3
hours ago. As the rest of the system is still up and running and doing
backups and migration I do not want to restart the director.

Running Jobs:
Console connected at 13-Nov-08 10:16
 JobId Level   Name                       Status
 41637 Increme  PLATON-W0001_System.2008-11-13_04.00.21 has been canceled
 41641 Increme  PLATON-W0003_System.2008-11-13_04.00.25 has been canceled
 41643 Increme  PLATON-W0004_System.2008-11-13_04.00.27 has been canceled
 41645 Increme  PLATON-W0005_System.2008-11-13_04.00.29 has been canceled

Due to a server failure the nfs shares are not available anymore. I
would like to see some sort of a timeout at least if that is at all
possible.

The reason why I did not file the bug right away is because it may have
been resolved with a later client version already, I will try to
reproduce the steps with a more current version of the file daemon and
post the news here. Any experiences on that matter are of course welcome...

Client: Sparc Solaris 10 (SunOS 5.9 Generic_122300-15 sun4u sparc
SUNW,Sun-Fire-V490), FD-Version: 2.2.8
Server: Debian Etch, Dir-Version: 2.4.3

Best regards,

Ronald

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ronald Buder
Dipl-Ing.(BA)

Profi.Com AG
Büro Dresden
Stresemannplatz 3
D-01309 Dresden mail: rbuder AT proficom-ag DOT de