Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Hung on "Dir inserting attributes"

2008-11-12 03:59:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Hung on "Dir inserting attributes"
From: ebollengier <eric AT eb.homelinux DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 00:56:21 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

The batch mode improve the speed with postgresql by a factor of 10 (maybe
20), using
a very big job (15M files) with the standard mode won't work too.

But, you will be able to cancel the job because the director checks the job
status  between each insertion. With the batch mode, you have a single query
for 15M files.

To stop the job, you can cancel the postgresql query with
pg_cancel_backend() with your psql. The query will be canceled and the job
will stop.

Bye