Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] What new feature are you waiting for?

2008-11-04 08:58:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] What new feature are you waiting for?
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 05:56:03 -0800
Dan Langille wrote:

> On Nov 3, 2008, at 11:10 PM, Kevin Keane wrote:
>>
>> - Documentation updates. It's tricky to piece together the information
>> about the correct information for anything past version 1.38.
>

> Can you elaborate upon that?
>
> You can download the docs for any given version...
Really? I wasn't aware of it, and wouldn't know where to find it.

But I stand corrected - I just saw that the online documentation at
http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/index.html is for 2.4.2 - for some
reason, I thought it was for 1.38. I wish I knew exactly where this
impression came from. I vaguely recall that it was related to some
discrepancies between the Configuring_Director.html file and error
messages that bacula-dir -t would produce.

Maybe I was thinking of the tutorial at
http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/Brief_Tutorial.html - it doesn't
list any version number.

One documentation-related issue is in Configuring_Director.html. It
claims that the Label Format = directive is deprecated since 1.37 and
replaced with a Python script. That python script is not documented
anywhere (that I could find), and Label Format seems to continue to work
fine. Incidentally, I hope it will continue to work - I'm not a Python
guy ;-)
> Or are you the person that wanted tags in the docs to say this feature
> came with version X?
Not me, although that might be an interesting idea. Not very important
for me.

Incidentally - great job, bacula team. I love what you created!