Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Bacula Status

2008-10-07 12:53:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Bacula Status
From: Marc Schiffbauer <marc AT schiffbauer DOT net>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 18:49:59 +0200
* Martin Simmons schrieb am 07.10.08 um 13:00 Uhr:

> > I voted for putting it into the Exclude section because this
> > directive is about *excluding* directories from the backup.
>
> True, but...
>
> >                                                             So if
> > someone uses this directive it has the same effect then the "file =
> > /foo" in the Exclude section.
>
> ...that's not true and is exactly the confusion I was talking about!  The
> Exclude section is only consulted if none of the Include Options clauses
> match.  It does not override a +ve Include match, unlike ignoredir which does.

Thanks. I did not know that. Then you are right of course.
But when I think about the behavior you described and I find it a bit
strange...

There are several ways to include/exclude files and directories in a
bacula fileset.

Is there some document somewhere which describes the order in which
the different types are being processed and if it does work with first-match
or last-match etc?

-Marc
--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317  3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134