Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula multiple devices

2008-09-04 04:39:42
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula multiple devices
From: "Eli Shemer" <elish AT consist.co DOT il>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 11:36:22 +0300

Hey there,

I'm trying to make each client have its own storage device but apparently I can only assign a job to a specific storage deamon and not a device.

Therefore ,  it appears to me that I cannot, using only one storage daemon write to several different paths on the storage raid.

How can I make different jobs write to different devices?

I suppose that if I write to different devices, hence also pools and volumes, then the changes of all overall data corruption will be very slim.

And it's more organized this way also.

Bacula-dir.conf:

Job {

  Name = "BackupLocalDNS"

  Type = Backup

  Client = menta-fd

  Level = Incremental

  FileSet="LocalDns"

  Schedule = "Daily"

  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/localdns.bsr"

  Storage = gizmo-sd

  Messages = Standard

  Pool = Default

  Priority = 11

}

Device {

  Name = MentaStorage

  Media Type = File

  Archive Device = /storage/backup/menta

  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media

  Random Access = Yes;

  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it

  RemovableMedia = no;

  AlwaysOpen = no;

}

Bacula-sd.conf:

Device {

  Name = MentaStorage

  Media Type = File

  Archive Device = /storage/backup/menta

  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media

  Random Access = Yes;

  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it

  RemovableMedia = no;

  AlwaysOpen = no;

}

Device {