Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula multiple devices

2008-09-04 13:00:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula multiple devices
From: Hemant Shah <hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, Eli Shemer <elish AT consist.co DOT il>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 10:00:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hemant Shah
E-mail: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com

--- On Thu, 9/4/08, Eli Shemer <elish AT consist.co DOT il> wrote:

> [...]
> Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula multiple devices
> To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
> Date: Thursday, September 4, 2008, 3:36 AM
> Hey there,
>

> I'm trying to make each client have its own storage
> device but
> apparently I can only assign a job to a specific storage
> deamon and not
> a device.
>
> Therefore ,  it appears to me that I cannot, using only one
> storage
> daemon write to several different paths on the storage
> raid.
>

> How can I make different jobs write to different devices?
>
> I suppose that if I write to different devices, hence also
> pools and
> volumes, then the changes of all overall data corruption
> will be very
> slim.
>
> And it's more organized this way also.
>

> Bacula-dir.conf:
>

> Job {
>
>   Name = "BackupLocalDNS"
>
>   Type = Backup
>
>   Client = menta-fd
>
>   Level = Incremental
>
>   FileSet="LocalDns"
>
>   Schedule = "Daily"
>
>   Write Bootstrap =
> "/var/bacula/working/localdns.bsr"
>
>   Storage = gizmo-sd
>
>   Messages = Standard
>
>   Pool = Default
>
>   Priority = 11
>
> }
>

> Device {
>
>   Name = MentaStorage
>
>   Media Type = File
>
>   Archive Device = /storage/backup/menta
>
>   LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label
> unlabeled
> media
>
>   Random Access = Yes;
>
>   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened,
> read it
>
>   RemovableMedia = no;
>
>   AlwaysOpen = no;
>
> }
>

> Bacula-sd.conf:
>
> Device {
>
>   Name = MentaStorage
>
>   Media Type = File
>
>   Archive Device = /storage/backup/menta
>
>   LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label
> unlabeled
> media
>
>   Random Access = Yes;
>
>   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened,
> read it
>
>   RemovableMedia = no;
>
>   AlwaysOpen = no;
>
> }
>

> Device {
>
>   Name = KafkaStorage
>
>   Media Type = File
>
>   Archive Device = /storage/backup/kafka
>
>   LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label
> unlabeled
> media
>
>   Random Access = Yes;
>
>   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened,

I do the same thing, each of my clients write to a different directory:

Here is the device definition in bacula-sd.conf (sanitized version)

Device
{
  Name = client1-SD
  Device Type = File
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = "/backups/backupfiles/client1"
  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = no;
  Maximum Network Buffer Size = 65536
}

This is what I have in bacula-dir.conf (sanitized version)

Storage
{
  Name = client1-File
  Address = sdhost
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "xxxxxxx"
  Device = client1-SD       # see bacula-sd.conf for device config.
  Media Type = File
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5
}

Pool
{
  Name = client1-BackupDiskPool
  Pool Type = Backup
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
  Use Volume Once = yes
  Recycle = no
  Volume Retention = 2 months         # two months
  Storage = client1-File
  Label Format =
"client1-${Year}-${Month:p/2/0/r}-${Day:p/2/0/r}-${Hour:p/2/0/r}:${Minute:p/2/0/r}:${Second:p/2/0/r}"
}

Job
{
  Name = client1-BackupToDisk
  Enabled = yes
  Type = Backup
  Client = client1-fd
  FileSet = "client1 File set"
  Schedule = BackupToDisk
  Messages = Standard
  Priority = 10
  Pool = client1-BackupDiskPool
  Write Bootstrap = "/backups/bootstrap/client1-BackupToDisk.bsr"
}

Hemant Shah
E-mail: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com