Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula multiple devices

2008-09-04 09:39:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula multiple devices
From: "Eli Shemer" <elish AT consist.co DOT il>
To: "Eitan Talmi" <eitant AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 16:35:59 +0300

Thanks for your help Eitan.

For some reason It completely eluded me that I can declare a Device inside the Storage in within bacula-dir.conf

And define the device itself in bacula-sd.conf

מאת: Eitan Talmi [mailto:eitant AT gmail DOT com]
נשלח: ה 04 ספטמבר 2008 16:35
אל: Eli Shemer
עותק: Arno Lehmann; bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
נושא: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula multiple devices

I didn't check it out, but have you tried to do this configuration

Storage {
  Name = File
# Do not use "localhost" here
  Address = BACULA               # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "123456"
  Device = FileStorage
  Media Type = File
}

Storage {
  Name = File1
  # Do not use "localhost" here
  Address = BACULA1                # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "abcdef"
  Device = FileStorage
  Media Type = File
  }

Client {
  Name = eitant-fd
  Password = eitant
  Address = eitant
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  File Retention = 4 days
  Job Retention =  6 months

}
Job {
  Name = eitant
  Type = Backup
  Level = Full
  Client = eitant-fd
  FileSet = PST_CDE
  Schedule = WeeklyCycle
  Storage = Eitant
  Pool = Eitant
  Messages = Standard
}

Storage {
  Name = Eitant
  Address = bacula                # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "123456"
  Device = Eitant
  Media Type = File
}

Pool {
  Name = Eitant
  Use Volume _Once_ = yes
  Pool Type = Backup
  LabelFormat = "Eitant-"
  AutoPrune = yes
  VolumeRetention = 4 days
  Maximum Volumes = 3
  Recycle = yes
}

Client {
  Name = vered-fd
  Password = vered
  Address = vered
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  File Retention = 4 days
  Job Retention =  6 months

}
Job {
  Name = vered
  Type = Backup
  Level = Full
  Client = vered-fd
  FileSet = PST_CDE
  Schedule = WeeklyCycle
  Storage = vered
  Pool = vered
  Messages = Standard
}

Storage {
  Name = vered
  Address = bacula1                # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "abcdef"
  Device = vered
  Media Type = File
}

Pool {
  Name = vered
  Use Volume _Once_ = yes
  Pool Type = Backup
  LabelFormat = "vered-"
  AutoPrune = yes
  VolumeRetention = 4 days
  Maximum Volumes = 3
  Recycle = yes
}

on Bacula use this Bacula-sd.conf:

Device {
  Name = Eitant
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /backup

  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = no;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
}

on bacula1 use this Bacula-sd.conf: