Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula multiple devices

2008-09-04 06:56:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula multiple devices
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 12:55:53 +0200
Hi,

04.09.2008 10:36, Eli Shemer wrote:

> Hey there,
>

> I'm trying to make each client have its own storage device but
> apparently I can only assign a job to a specific storage deamon and not
> a device.

That's funny, because I believe it's always the storage device you
point a job (or a pool) to.

> Therefore ,  it appears to me that I cannot, using only one storage
> daemon write to several different paths on the storage raid.
>

> How can I make different jobs write to different devices?
>
> I suppose that if I write to different devices, hence also pools and
> volumes, then the changes of all overall data corruption will be very slim.
>
> And it's more organized this way also.
>

> Bacula-dir.conf:
>

> Job {
>
>   Name = "BackupLocalDNS"
>
>   Type = Backup
>
>   Client = menta-fd
>
>   Level = Incremental
>
>   FileSet="LocalDns"
>
>   Schedule = "Daily"
>
>   Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/localdns.bsr"
>
>   Storage = gizmo-sd
>
>   Messages = Standard
>
>   Pool = Default
>
>   Priority = 11
>
> }

The following section is a bit unexpected in a DIR configuration.
I would even say it results in a unusable DIR...

You should put storage resources into the DIR config as per the manual.

By the way: Which version of Bacula is that, and what does a
configuration check for the DIR report?

Arno

> Device {
>
>   Name = MentaStorage
>
>   Media Type = File
>
>   Archive Device = /storage/backup/menta
>
>   LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
>
>   Random Access = Yes;
>
>   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
>
>   RemovableMedia = no;
>
>   AlwaysOpen = no;
>
> }
>

> Bacula-sd.conf:
>
> Device {
>
>   Name = MentaStorage
>
>   Media Type = File
>
>   Archive Device = /storage/backup/menta
>
>   LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
>
>   Random Access = Yes;
>
>   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
>
>   RemovableMedia = no;
>
>   AlwaysOpen = no;
>
> }
>

> Device {
>
>   Name = KafkaStorage
>
>   Media Type = File
>
>   Archive Device = /storage/backup/kafka
>
>   LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
>
>   Random Access = Yes;
>
>   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
>
>   RemovableMedia = no;
>
>   AlwaysOpen = no;
>
> }

Arno Lehmann