Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] VXA2 config on Solaris

2008-08-14 12:24:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] VXA2 config on Solaris
From: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 12:24:35 -0400

Allan Black wrote:
> Solaris does not directly support the Exabyte VXA-2. I have had
> a look on SunSolve, and could see a few people were having
> problems similar to yours, Martijn.
>
> I did find this, however. Try the following in /kernel/drv/st.conf
>
> tape-config-list=
> "EXABYTE VXA-2", "Exabyte VXA-2","VXA-2";
>
> VXA-2 = 1,0x36,0,0x1de39,2,0x80,0x81,1;
>
> You could also try
>
> mt -f /dev/rmt/<whatever> config
>
> to get the current configuration for the drive.

Just a quick note. I don't recall if the OP said they were using Solaris
10 or not. In any case, for general info, the "config" command was added
to "mt" in Solaris 10. It does not exist in Solaris 9 or earlier.

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator
 (*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center