Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] SELinux xattrs

2008-07-29 11:06:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] SELinux xattrs
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 17:05:58 +0200
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:11:53 +0200, Arno Lehmann wrote:
I still see the advice to disable SELinux if third party applications don't work on RH quite often...

Yeah, because its the easy way out. Just like working with
Administrator privileges all the time on Windows. (SCNR)

In fact I always wonder why people install and use SELinux if they're not capable of managing it, but that's another story...

My impression is that most of them do it unknowingly because it's
enabled by default in their distribution. And I think that's ok.
A machine secured without its owner's knowledge is still better
than a machine not secured because its owner doesn't know how.

--
Tilman Schmidt
Phoenix Software GmbH